Friday, April 30, 2010

Just phoned in and called out the djay on the radio. (A Joe Delikat Story.)

This is a story that started as a post on my Facebook page.


B.Money on 95.7 Jamz. i was 'scanning' and heard light impossible trivia or some such. i, being an intellectual omnivore, listened further.
His ? (trying to sound intellectual and vague): If not for added coloring, this product would be green.

I immediately knew the answer, and pulled out my cellular("oh, nooooo").
i continued calling as i entered my home. Remembering that they stream, i started pulling up their page (16M cable, YEAH RIGHT!). People were calling in and several people said 'hotdogs'.
My calls, either, "Call Failed" (a common cellular 'error'), rang busy (i don't remember if it was a 'fast busy' or not) or rang and rang until a recording informed me that "the cullular customer you are trying to reach...blah...Blah...BLAH.". Weird for a radio station call-in # (205.741.0957).
Finally, someone called in and said it, "Coca-Cola".
"That's Right, Coca-Cola! You WIN!"
"Whoo-hoo, she screamed. How many i get."
Hell, i don't even remember what the prize was.
"One plus one", the djay eaked out.
This infuriated me! I knew the answer he wanted and she called in with it!
I knew the answer he wanted, but... he answered.
"Coca-Cola isn't green", i informed him."
"I know man, cause they add color". he goofed.
i said... "Snopes.com. Coca-Cola has never been green. A Coca cola web site also confirms."
"Aight, man have a good one", and he disconnected me.
Interwebs.
i sent him the following email:


http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/green.asp

http://www.thecoca- colacompany.com/contactus/myths_rumors/packaging_green.html

Just thought you might want proof, cause ya sounded like ya didn't believe me.
The 1st site snopes.com are like the original myth busters, they track down rumors for everything from things like this to the pop rocks bursting kids stomachs, and those annoying email forwards that everybody sends ya.

Douglas.

This is what Brandi would call a "Joe Delikat Story".
I told her a story about Joe back in elementary school, and she sat there and stared at me and was like "And...?". I said "And what? That was it."

Speaking of which has anyone heard from Joe Lately? His web presence is almost non-existant.

1 comment: